Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Checking out other guys..

I went for this A-mazing Praise concert last year! As in, it was the icing on my 2012 cake.. Such a lovely way to end the year.. (I hope to blog about it in a future post!).. You may probably have been there! :-D

Anyways, I was fortunate to sit very close to the stage and I could see all the action.. Honestly, it was splendid!

So, I sat with one of my dearest friends and we happened to notice this foineee brotha on the bass guitar.. And immediately, my 'Fine-boy'-radar of appreciation came alive! First thing I did was try to zoom in to his left hand, specifically THAT finger..

I didn't know my friend had also clocked this handsome man and when I whispered to her to draw her attention to him, she was like "I know, I've seen him" lol.. Then we started trying to see the finger.. alas the distance proved too much of a challenge.,.

It's an interesting past-time.. Especially as a single girl. When you go to a new place / nice event.. A Christian one to boot, your man-radar is on ALERT! lol.. 20-20vision on point.. And.... I like fine boys and I cannot lie :-D

So, I was telling my very wise sister about this young man and we joked about how as single girls we automatically do that when we see 'prospects'. Then she said but do you know it's not really a good habit.. Truth is when you have inculcated a habit, even when you do get into a relationship, because it is a part of you, you still check out men involuntarily and that's not healthy at all!



It's true, practice what you want to be when you become committed! Sometimes we say "Oh of course it will be different once I get into a relationship / get married etc.. But I have discovered that you usually do the same things you do when you get into a relationship as you did when you were single..

Remember, when you become committed to someone, you do not automatically *boom* take on a new persona .. It's the same you that wakes up late, eats fast, talks too much, laughs heartily, dances well that will be in that relationship!

It's like when a man or woman says "oh when I get married, I will stop cheating.. I am only having 'extras' now because I am single" .... LIE lol.. You may be faithful in the first few instances but very soon, the spots on the leopard start to become visible.. You know what they say about old habits? Yup, they die hard...

In a nutshell, start to be the person you want to see in a relationship.. Stop random 'scoping' - it becomes difficult to stop even after you get into a relationship.. (I will stop, so help me God)

What do you think? For the married / committed folks, have you found it easy to stop doing what you did as a single person?

5 comments:

  1. i used to check guys out o as a single girl...now i don't but if i spot a good looking man i appreciate God's amazing work hehehehe ..if a guy is fine he is fine...abi??

    the only thing i think i am guilty of now is ogling cute celebrities esp actors...just for fun..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ I appreciate God's amazing work.. Amen sistah!

    Haa, I heard that guys are even jeaous of that too oh even though they are in TV world!
    Well.. I guess if my husband started scoping Halle Berry and talking about her all the time then I will *cough cough* not be amused lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol!¨I can sooooo relate. Still happened recently last year when I went to an event at another church. But you are right, it should not be an habit. Though I do this, it's really just a scanning ^^ Once I have fed my eyes, I thank God for His good work and move on. But such habits can be terrible in a relationship however, I do believe this one is not one of the worst.

    DatFunkyFro

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL@ "I thank God for His good work and move on"
    Thanks for your comment hun x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree with your not scoping even when single, but isn't it out of scoping that one finds the prince, or is there another way>

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)