This post is inspired by one done my one of my favourite bloggers MyneWhitman HERE..
I would love to marry a virgin! Yup, I said it..
I never really put it into consideration when I thought and prayed about the kind of guy I would like to marry but this changed recently..
Usually, pre-marital sex and virginity is discussed mainly with reference to girls and it wasn't considered very 'top-of-the-list' with guys for a variety of reasons.
After my last relationship, I decided that if possible I would want to marry a virgin.. And I am praying about it.
You see, my ex-boyfriend was or is a virgin and honestly, it changed my perspective on a lot of things:
1. I have to admit that I was really impressed and very proud to be with him.
2. It made me understand that irrespective of gender, when a man loves God he can make a commitment and stick with it.
3. I was able to trust him more, knowing that I knew it wouldn't be so easy to sleep around (well, if he had waited that long, I didn't think being with me would push him over the edge to have a sudden change of mind lol)
4. It made me respect his relationship with God.
5. I felt that I would feel more secure if we had gotten married knowing that his love and respect for God would make him not do certain things
6. It made him more willing to respect my decision to wait until marriage before sex.
7. I was glad that had we gotten married, I wouldn't feel like he was comparing me with any other woman. (and mehn, I can have insecurity issues! Oh Lawd!)
I have to say that I don't think by any means that being with or marrying a virgin eliminates issues in relationships / marriages.. Nah! You would still have to work at it.
Most importantly, a successful relationship / marriage takes the GRACE of God!
... My choice is a personal preference, so help me God!